2017 NHS Grants Offered
Our mission is to provide a forum for gardeners and plant lovers in the Pacific Northwest to share their interests and learn about horticulture.
A stated purpose of NHS is to provide grants “to further horticultural education and related activities in accordance with Northwest Horticultural Society objectives.”
The NHS Board has made grant funds available for 2017 and is currently accepting grant applications for consideration. The award of 2017 Grants will be made at the 2017 NHS Annual Meeting.
Our intent is to receive, evaluate, and fund environmental, educational, and horticultural proposals. Applicants must be a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization or an educational institution.
Applications must be submitted by August 31, 2017, and should include the following:
- The applicant’s annual report and most recent financial statement.
- The applicant’s mission statement and a list of key individuals involved in the project, and directors and officers of the non-profit.
- A narrative describing the project for which the funds are being requested, and the goals of the project (not to exceed two pages).
- The amount requested and the project budget. The applicant should note whether follow-on funding will be required; whether matching funds or other funding is available.
- The project timeline and schedule, including projected completion date. Include the date by which NHS will receive a report on the success of the project.
- Name(s) of the person(s) to whom correspondence should be addressed, and who will report on the project to the NHS Grant Committee.
The NHS Grant Committee will review the materials submitted by each applicant and will make an assessment as to the extent that the proposed project will further horticultural education or provide inspiration and support to the Northwest gardening community.
Notification concerning grant awards will be given applicants by October 20, 2017.
Awards will be presented at the Annual Meeting of the Society on November 8, 2017.
Completed applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If emailing the application is not possible they may be mailed to (must be received by the deadline 8/31/2017):
- Northwest Horticultural Society
- PO Box 4597
- Rolling Bay, WA 98061-4597