2013 NHS Grants Offered
A stated purpose of NHS is to provide grants “to further horticultural education and related activities in accordance with Northwest Horticultural Society objectives.” The NHS Board has made grant funds available for 2013 and is currently accepting grant applications for consideration. The award of 2013 Grants will be made at the 2013 NHS General Meeting.
Applications must be submitted by August 30, 2013, and should include the following:
- A narrative describing the project, and the goals of the project (not to exceed two pages).
- A description of the applicant, i.e., individual, non-profit company or institution, or other. A list of key individuals involved in the project, and directors and officers, if applicable.
- The amount requested and the project budget. The applicant should note whether follow-on funding will be required; whether matching funds or other funding is available; and whether the applicant has received NHS funding in the past.
- A copy of the applicant’s annual report (if any) and most recent financial statement.
- The project timeline and schedule. Include the date by which NHS will receive a report on the success of the project and a copy of the completed work, if applicable.
- Name(s) of the person(s) to whom correspondence should be addressed, and who will report on the project to the NHS Grant Committee.
The NHS Grant Committee will review the materials submitted by each applicant and will make an assessment as to the extent that the proposed project will further horticultural education or provide inspiration and support to the Northwest gardening community. Notification concerning grant awards will be given applicants by October 15, 2013 and awards will be presented at the Annual Meeting of the Society on November 13, 2013.
Completed applications should be mailed to: